Preschoolers are between 3 and 5 years of age by September 1st. We are licensed for 15 children, for an adult to child ratio of 1:10 or 2:15.
- To meet each child’s physical needs while encouraging independence and self care.
- To provide an atmosphere in which children have respect for others and establish respect for the equipment and materials in the classroom.
- To provide a relaxed, loving, and calm atmosphere where self-concept is enhanced, independence and choices are encouraged, and self-discipline is gained in an environment with clearly defined limits and expectations.
- To provide a wide variety of activities, within a routine, in which cooperative play is encouraged. These activities should be drawn from the curricular areas of: art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, social studies, practical life, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
- To develop in the child an active curiosity about the world in which s/he lives and an enthusiasm for learning that stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
- To provide ample opportunity for the use of large motor skills and coordination through physically active play either indoors or outdoors.
- To foster in each child an appreciation for beauty and nature.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement, and maintaining open and honest communication with tact and discretion.